December is almost upon us, which means that for many Canadians, the holiday season is fast approaching. For some, this time of year is steeped in religious or age-old family traditions, while others are putting their own stamp on the meaning of the season. Today I thought I’d offer an entirely fresh perspective on the holidays, showing you how simple it can be to integrate your love of tennis and to share it with others.
- Give the gift of tennis this holiday season! Stuck on what to buy for your kids? Why not get them started with a game they can play for life…. tennis! Racquets, balls, and some beginner lessons are all it takes.
- Shopping for the tennis player on your list? Consider buying fresh cans of balls, an equipment bag, a lesson with a pro, or a gift card to a sports store where they can make their own selection.
- Get the kids off the couch and into tennis camp this holiday season. A few days on the courts will make them healthier, happier, and enable them to enjoy fun with others their own age. And what’s not to love about running around in shorts in December and January?!
- Let the kids get crafty decorating tennis balls to hang on the tree as ornaments! Stickers, glitter glue, googly eyes, and other craft supplies can help them turn ordinary tennis balls into works of art!
- How about a little tennis fun on ice? Let this video inspire you…. but do wear a helmet if you decide to give this a try. Safety first!
PS: Tennis and others sports bring families and friends closer together. They also build community and enable us to meet others with similar interests. Who will you invite to share your love of the game this holiday season?