Stage 4 – CONSOLIDATING Boys/Girls *13-15/12-14
This is a critical stage of development for the athlete/tennis player, as it sets the foundation for learning to be a competitive junior.
- Consolidate learned skills from practice and apply in competitive situations.
- Continue to develop and refine technical skills in practice.
- Consolidate a specific game style emphasizing the execution of skills in a game situation.
- Introduce the concept of proper preparation and recovery through sleep, nutrition, good hygiene, hydration, sport massage, and effective warm-up and cool-down routines.
- Balance the increase in training/competition demands with social/lifestyle issues.
- High School
- Clubs, leagues, tournaments
High Performance Related Programs
- Club Programs
- Provincial Programs
- ITF tournaments
- Canada Games
- Regional Games
- U16 Nationals
- U14 Nationals
- Develop a slice and pronated topspin backhand if possible.
- Due to the excess stress of moving the tennis chair, the number of tournaments should be reduced.
- Learn to maintain and adjust the chair.