Today is #LoveYourPetDay, the day where pet owners everywhere take the time to express the love they have for their little bundles of joy… and tennis players are no exception.
While many have already flooded social media to share their best pics, here are a few of our Canadian stars.
1. Yes, Denis Shapovalov’s unconditional love for dogs is well documented! He regularly posts pics on all of his social media platforms. Adorable!
— Denis Shapovalov (@denis_shapo) August 26, 2018
2. Bianca Andreescu does not hide her fondness for animals. Did you know that in Romania, she actually picked up stray cats and dogs to wash them, take them to the vet and then find them a loving family? What a beautiful gesture on her part!
Me and da pup pic.twitter.com/Oxi3ae0lhE
— Bianca V. Andreescu (Bibi) (@Bandreescu_) May 6, 2018
3. How cute are Rebecca Marino and her companion Stanley? Seeing as it can sometimes be a little difficult to capture particular moments with a pet, Rebecca has decided to instead share the hilarious outtakes of her photoshoot!
Merry Christmas! 🎄❤️ May the holidays bring you and your loved ones love, laughter, and joy xx
Stanley and I struggled to take a photo, so enjoy our fun outtakes ➡️ pic.twitter.com/AJCZTiojnq
— Rebecca Marino (@beccamarino90) December 25, 2018
Ok, so the next few animals are not technically considered pets, but we are certain that they brought joy to the lives of our athletes.
4. Just a few days ago, Genie Bouchard was riding on the back of a camel in Doha.
And as you can see, she seemed to have enjoyed herself!
5. For his part, Milos Raonic took advantage of his time in Australia to immortalize this moment with… a kangaroo!
It seems as though the animal was even posing for the selfie.
— Milos Raonic (@milosraonic) December 30, 2018
Although we believe that #LoveYourPetDay should be celebrated every day of the year, let’s take a moment to highlight it today!