1. What do Rafael Nadal and Carlos Moya have in common when it comes to signing autographs?
a. both only sign their first name
b. both only sign their last name
c. both sign with their non-racquet holding hand
d. both sign right-handed
2. What do Americans Shaun Stafford and Annie Miller have in common?
a. they were the youngest ever US Open junior doubles champions
b. they were first, respectively, to beat Venus and Serena at pro events
c. they were the first to lose to Venus and Serena at pro events
d. they were the first to play Venus and Serena at pro events
3. What country does this WTA player represent?
a. Czech Republic
4. Where did Milos Raonic finish in average aces per match in 2016?
5. Andy Roddick’s Grand Slam tournament ended seven times in a row between 2004 and 2012 on this nemesis court.
a. Court Suzanne Lenglen at Roland Garros
b. The Grandstand at the US Open
c. No. 1 Court at Wimbledon
d. Hisense Arena at the Australian Open
6. Which trio of players share an August 8th birthday with Roger Federer?
a. Félix Auger-Aliassime, Kateryna Bondarenko and Marinko Matosevic
b. Félix Auger-Aliassime, Daniel Gimeno Traver, Sesil Karatantcheva
c. Marinko Matosevic, Daniel Gimeno Traver, Tatjana Maria
d. Elena Vesnina, Kateryna Bondarenko, Sesil Karatantcheva
7. Name the two people in this picture.
a. Elina Svitolina and a former Wimbledon champion
b. Lesia Tsurenko and a former Australian Open champion
c. Elina Svitolina and a former US Open champion
d. Lesia Tsurenko and a former French Open champion
8. Who was the first player Roger Federer beat in a Grand Slam tournament?
a. Patrick Rafter
b. Jiri Novak
c. Alex Corretja
d. Michael Chang
9. Is ball bouncing before serving considered part of the service motion and so not counted in the 25-seconds-between-points time rule?
a. It’s part of the service motion and therefore not liable to a time violation if started before 25 seconds.
b. It’s not part of the service motion and therefore can be interrupted and penalized as a time violation.
c. It’s only actionable as a time violation if preceded by a warning.
d. It’s only actionable as a time violation if the bouncing is not continuous.
10. Which one of these is true about Andy Murray?
a. He has a birth mark on his left calf.
b. He won the 2004 US Open junior title and was ranked world No. 1 junior.
c. He played the first partial match under Wimbledon’s new Centre Court roof in 2009.
d. He wore a kilt on his wedding day.
11. The player above ranks in which of the following groups in the 2016 ATP final singles rankings?
a. one to 10
b. 11 to 20
c. 20 to 30
d. 30 to 50
12. Which of the following did Maria Sharapova NOT do in 2016?
a. test positive for meldonium and receive a suspension
b. launch a new line of her Sugarpova confection called the “Chocolate Collection”
c. enrol in a business course at Harvard
d. launch a new line of her Sugarpova confection called “Grigor’s sweet tooth”
13. Genie Bouchard had a disappointing 2016. Who was the lowest-ranked player she lost to?
a. Alla Kudryavtseva (Quebec City)
b. Elise Mertens (’s-Hertogenbosch)
c. Kristina Kucova (Montreal)
d. Anett Kontaveit (Linz)
14. Name the former Grand Slam champion this woman was once married to?
a. Adriano Panatta
b. Vitas Gerulaitis
c. Ilie Nastase
d. Bjorn Borg
15. Who are the only father and son to have won singles titles on the ATP tour?
a. Joachim and Leif Johansson
b. Sandon and Fred Stolle
c. Taylor and Phil Dent
d. Alexandr and Oleksandr Dolgopolov
16. If a ball is broken or out of play during a match, what happens in terms of replacing it?
a. In all cases it is replaced with a ball of “like wear” from balls kept near the umpire’s chair.
b. If it happens within two games after a ball change, a new ball is introduced. A “like wear” ball is introduced if it’s after the third game has started.
c. If it’s within the first four games, a new ball is introduced and a “like wear” ball after that.
d. Balls of “like wear” are only introduced if two or more of the six balls are broken or out of play.
17. This current player has ranked in the Top 20 in singles and the Top 5 in doubles. His home country is…?
18. Misaki Doi and Dan Evans both had similar near misses this year. It happened for them, respectively, at…
a. Australian Open and Wimbledon
b. Roland Garros and Wimbledon
c. Roland Garros and US Open
d. Australian Open and US Open
19. Only once have siblings each won a junior Grand Slam singles title in the same year. Who are they?
a. Anne and Elizabeth Minter
b. Jaslyn and Lleyton Hewitt
c. Alona and Kateryna Bondarenko
d. Karolina and Kristyna Pliskova
20. Two Canadian former players have a Wimbledon distinction that not many players share – Harry Fauquier in 1966 and Chris Pridham in 1989. What was it?
a. Both met the Queen of England before playing a seeded player.
b. Both saved two match points in the first round to advance.
c. Both played the opening match on Centre Court against the defending champion.
d. Both played using Canadian manufactured racquets.
NOTE: Answers in next week’s Tebbutt Tuesday blog. A modest prize will be awarded – send entries to email@example.com before Monday December 12.