Are there more wooden racquets or wooden performances in these clips? You decide!
- A classic movie for a classic sport. It’s GAME ON for Alvy and Annie after they HIT IT OFF in this NYC tennis bubble. (Sorry.) Worth it for the outfits alone.https://youtu.be/KFCe1wQeXA0
- Changing pace, John McEnroe gives it his all in probably the best scene from 2002’s Mr. Deeds.https://youtu.be/BmRjRSfsNrw
- A personal favourite, Richie Tenenbaum takes off one of his shoes and one of his socks on court. Not the headband though. The headband stays.https://youtu.be/EewT0T12xF4
- In case you thought you could forget that Rafa Nadal was in a Shakira music video… you can’t.https://youtu.be/_3-GiVIE8gc
- Equally incredible is Anna Kournikova’s foray into her own music video… do we call it acting? Sure, acting.https://youtu.be/9mQJaXwGPlg
- Lorde wants to go down to the tennis courts and talk it up like yeah.https://youtu.be/D8Ymd-OCucs
- In an essay called Tennis, Trigonometry, Tornadoes, David Foster Wallace (author of Federer as Religious Experience), describes his success at the junior level by mastering wind and math. Because that’s easier?
- Former professional tennis player Vijay Amritraj appeared as – what else – a tennis pro in the 1983 James Bond movie, Octopussy. Amritraj beats up bad guys with a racquet while the crowd oohs and aahs. Hilarious!https://youtu.be/Zbl3n2qQ-iQ
- Had to do it.https://youtu.be/KDRImgMxNQg