What is the Pacific Tennis Centre?
The PTC is a proposed tennis and racquet sports facility that will be Tennis Canada’s flagship centre in Western Canada, in partnership with Tennis BC and the City of Burnaby. Inclusive and accessible, the PTC will be a world-class community-serving tennis centre to grow tennis as a sport and meet the needs of a healthy and active British Columbia and Western Canada.
Who will benefit from the PTC?
As a provincial hub, the PTC will deliver inclusive programs for all members of the community, regardless of their income, and support other racquet sports, like pickleball and badminton, across BC and Western Canada. Over 80% of the court time will be dedicated to affordable year-round community use.
THE PTC WILL:
- serve as the new home of the National Junior Training Program;
- be the first and only home of the National Wheelchair Tennis Program and be fully wheelchair accessible with programs for players of all abilities;
- offer programs for local school groups that want to visit the facilities;
- provide innovative team tennis programs to help people from all ages develop skills, stay active and make friends through fun match play in an inclusive environment;
- partner with regional hubs and strengthen existing tennis facilities and programs across the province; and
- implement outreach programs for underserved communities, including programs for new Canadians.
What infrastructure will be available?
Phases I & II will deliver:
- 6 new covered/indoor hard courts
- 12 new outdoor courts (hard, clay, pickleball)
Phase III will deliver:
- A permanent indoor hard-court facility
- Additional Outdoor Courts
Where will the PTC be located and when will it open?
The proposed site for the PTC is the Burnaby Lake Sports Complex, between Sprott Street and Kensington Avenue, in Burnaby, BC.
When federal and provincial funding is confirmed for phases I and II, and with the proper financial backing, the PTC could open in just over a year.
Want to see the PTC built? We need your help! Click on the button below to find out how you can support.