HOW THE TOURNAMENT WORKS
The qualifying portion of the tournament will be held over a period of six weeks, beginning June 19 until July 30 during which time players will be invited to compete in two Tennis Esports competitions: Hit ‘em all, which is a tennis precision game, and Instant Cup which is made up of real-time head-to-head VR tennis matches.
Weekly rankings will be calculated based on the cumulative scores in both games with the top 2 players at the conclusion of the six weeks earning the chance to face off against one another during the National Bank Open presented by Rogers in Montreal and Toronto on August 11 (flight and accommodations included!).
So, gear up, grab your virtual racket and show in VR how much of a tennis champion you are!
Four Easy Steps
1. Step into the virtual world
Download the app and create your player profile.
2. Qualify in style
Compete in two thrilling game modes – Hit ’em all (Tennis precision game) and Instant Cup (Head-to-head matches). Your cumulative scores in both games will determine your weekly rankings.
3. Climb the leaderboard
Aim for the top! The two players with the highest rankings after six weeks of competition will qualify for the finals.
4. Final showdown
The ultimate battle awaits! The top two finalists will be invited to Montreal or Toronto to compete in person for the championship title.
June 19 – July 30, 2023
There are two game modes to achieve tournament points:
● Hit’em All Tennis Canada
● Instant Cup Tennis Canada
The sum of tournament points will decide your Tennis Canada VR Tournament ranking on the tournament leaderboard.
The top 2 on the tournament leaderboard on July 30 will be invited to play the final in one of two locations at the National Bank Open presented by Rogers in Montreal or Toronto.
See the full Rulebook
Experience intense gaming during our peak playing hours! These times offer increased competition and the chance to earn extra points.
Join our Discord community to stay informed about upcoming rush hour times and connect with other players.
All you need is:
- Tennis Esports account
- Access to a Meta Quest 2 or Pro to play!
- The rankings on Sunday, July 30 will determine the tournament points allocated to each player
For Instant Cup:
- Instant Cup matches award 3 points for a win and 1 point for a loss, these points will determine your standings on the weekly instant match leaderboard
- Every Monday from June 19, this weekly leaderboard will be reset, providing players a new chance to be at the top, even if you join the tournament later
- Only your best rank on one of the weekly leaderboards will determine your tournament points allocation
- The winner from each week previous will not be a part of ANY of the following weekly leaderboards. This will result in 6 winners across 6 weeks.
If a player is unable to attend the final, they will not be eligible for the grand prize and will be replaced by the next highest-ranked player.
Start to play now!
Create your player profile and join the action. Download the app today and embark on your virtual tennis journey.