1. Since the suspension of pro tennis because of the COVID-19 pandemic from March, 2020, until it resumed in August of 2020, which player has won the most matches on the ATP Tour?
a. Andrey Rublev
b. Alexander Zverev
c. Novak Djokovic
d. Daniil Medvedev
2. Since the suspension of pro tennis because of the COVID-19 pandemic from March, 2020, until it resumed in August of 2020, which player has won the most matches on the WTA tour?
a. Ons Jabeur
b. Barbora Krejcikova
c. Anett Kontaveit
d. Aryna Sabalenka
3. Mac Jones, the quarterback of the New England Patriots in the NFL, comes from a tennis family. Who is his favourite pro tennis player?
a. Roger Federer
b. Gael Monfils
c. Stefanos Tsitsipas
d. Reilly Opelka
4. Who is the player being embraced post-match by Frances Tiafoe?
a. Brandon Nakashima
b. Thiago Monteiro
c. Stefanos Travaglia
d. Lorenzo Musetti
5. Which player joked “it is a very fashionable way to decline” after winning a Grand Slam title in 2005?
a. Serena Williams
b. Justine Henin
c. Venus Williams
d. Kim Clijsters
6. From what country is Félix Auger-Aliassime’s ancestry on his father’s side?
b. Sierra Leone
7. Who is this 20th-century player who won three of the four Grand Slam titles?
a. Hana Mandlikova
b. Sue Barker
c. Maria Bueno
d. Virginia Wade
8. What happens when the Electronic Line-Calling Live system is not operational during the match?
a. You stop play immediately unless back-up line umpires available
b. Continue to play with the chair umpire calling all lines
c. Continue to play with the players calling all lines and chair umpire overruling clear mistakes
d. If delay is more than 30 minutes, start the set over
9. Will Smith plays Richard Williams in the recent film “King Richard.” In his movie career, Smith has played the role of an athlete from what sport?
10. Which of these former players did NOT marry a professional athlete from another sport?
a. Caroline Wozniacki
b. Agnieszka Radwanska
c. Elena Dementieva
d. Ana Ivanovic
11. Nick Kyrgios reached his highest ranking on October 24, 2016. What was it?
a. No. 9
b. No. 11
c. No. 13
d. No. 15
12. Elton John had a No. 1 hit with a song dedicated to which of these 1970s World Team Tennis teams?
a. Philadelphia Freedoms
b. Baltimore Banners
c. Pittsburgh Triangles
d. Los Angeles Strings
13. His first name is Elliott, he’s 19 years old and he’s a forward with the Maryland Black Bears (Odenton, Maryland) of the North American (Junior) Hockey League. His father is a well-known former Canadian player with this surname.
14. Which TWO of the following – involving the name Nadal – are legitimate, even though in no way connected to the tennis-playing Rafael Nadal?
a. Cava Nadal sparkling wine from the Penedes region of Spain
b. Nadal red wine by French vintner Fondreche in the Rhone Valley
c. Nadal speciality walnuts from Sa Pobla region of Majorca
d. Nadal port wine by Spanish vintner Berasategui in Andalucia
15. Todd Martin, the former world No. 4 and runner-up at both the Australian (1994) and US (1999) Opens, is now the CEO of the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, R. I. His favourite racquet of all-time is which wood model?
a. Spalding Pancho Gonzales
b. Wilson Jack Kramer Pro Staff
c. Dunlop Maxply
d. Slazenger Challenge No. 1
16. Who calls foot-faults when Electronic Line-Calling Live is used?
a. Chair umpire
b. Review official using ELC system
c. Review official using camera
d. Umpire but only if egregious foot faults
17. The brother of tennis legend Billie Jean King, Randy Moffitt, was a major league baseball relief pitcher in a 12-year career. Which one of the following teams did he NOT play for?
a. Kansas City Royals
b. Houston Astros
c. San Francisco Giants
d. Toronto Blue Jays
18. Who is this woman watching a tennis match?
a. Océane Dodin
b. Maria Francisca Perello
c. Jelena Djokovic
d. Sara Sorribes Tormo
19. Which of these players did NOT have a parent who played professional tennis?
a. Casper Rudd
b. Maria Sakkari
c. Taylor Fritz
d. Coco Vandeweghe
20. What is the margin of error for the Hawk-Eye electronic line-calling system?
a. 2.2 millimetres
b. 2.6 millimetres
c. 3.2 millimetres
d. 3.6 millimetres
NOTE: Answers will be posted here on Thursday, December 23.
Feature Photo: Martin Sidorjak