Distinguished Service Awards Nominations
Any two citizens of Canada who have reached the age of majority can recommend individuals, companies, associations, municipal parks and recreation groups, and private or community clubs/venues. The awards are presented in conjunction with the provincial association at a suitable event in the province.
Who is eligible?
The DSAs are awarded to people, associations and/or companies who have made a valuable long-term contribution to our sport in Canada. Without them, our country wouldn’t be where it is today – taking its place as a world-leading tennis nation. We urge you to submit a nomination.
To be considered for the award, the candidate must have a record of involvement (minimum five years) at the national, provincial or community level in one of the following areas:
- Demonstrating an outstanding commitment to the sport as an organizer of tournaments, leagues, special events or developmental programs and activities.
- Making a significant contribution to the growth and popularity of the game through club management, community club involvement, parks and recreation programs, elementary and secondary school programs or university leagues and events.
- Contributing to the development of the game by providing leadership in the areas of coaching or technical expertise including site and court design.
- Acting as a positive role model for youth by demonstrating exceptional sportsmanship and commitment to the game of tennis.
- Making a significant or ongoing financial contribution in support of events, leagues or developmental programs.
- Creating a heightened awareness and interest in tennis through media or the arts.
- Making a significant contribution to the game of tennis by volunteering their time and skills at tournaments, promotions, community activities and any other developmental programs that help to grow the game.
How do I nominate someone?
- Identify a deserving candidate in your community.
- Solicit a seconder for your nomination.
- Complete the below nomination form including all pertinent information.
- Attach letters of support, media articles or any other written documentation.
- Complete the nomination form by May 15, 2020.
- Tennis Canada reviews and verifies the submissions.
- Nominators will be notified of the status of the application by June 30, 2020.
- Awards will be presented at a suitable occasion in the recipient’s home province.
Questions or comments can be directed to the attention of:
Distinguished Service Awards
c/o TENNIS CANADA, Lesley Stiles
1 Shoreham Drive, Suite 100
Toronto, ON. M3N 3A6