Featuring Keynote Speaker Billie Jean King
Today Tennis Canada announced the inaugural UNMATCHED Gender Equity in Sports Conference presented by Tennis Canada and National Bank on August 10, 2022. Featuring tennis legend and icon Billie Jean King, this conference will bring leaders, influencers, athletes, advocates, and academics from across Canada and the world to celebrate the place of women and girls in sport.
King, a former World no. 1, is the founder of the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) and a lifelong Gender Equity in Sport Advocate. She will deliver a keynote address alongside Sportsnet’s Evanka Osmak as Emcee during a fireside chat. In addition, the UNMATCHED Gender Equity in Sports Conference will host several athletes and speakers discussing a wide range of topics that affect gender equity in sport including a panel on the topic of mental health.
Topics and speakers:
- Professionalization of Athletes: Creating and Advancing Opportunities off the Field
- Teresa Resch, Toronto Raptors Vice President of Basketball Operations
- By the Numbers: Investing in Player Pathways and Professionalization of Athletes
- Leanne Nicolle, CEO Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Allison Sandmeyer-Graves, Director Canadian Women & Sports
- Expanding the Geographical Footprint of Sport for Women & Girls
- Micky Lawler, President WTA
- Mental Health Panel: Pressure is a Privilege, but at What Price?
- Cynthia Appiah, Canadian Olympic Bobsled Athlete
- Sarah Hunter, Canadian Paralympian, Wheelchair Tennis
- Stephanie Labbé, Canadian Olympic Women’s Soccer Player
- Mark Tewksbury, Vice President, Canadian Olympic Committee
- Moderated by Jhanelle Peters, Mental Health Clinician, Toronto Raptors
Taking place in conjunction with Tennis Canada’s National Bank Open presented by Rogers, the UNMATCHED Gender Equity in Sports Conference is part of the equity strategy announced by Tennis Canada and National Bank in 2021. Creating meaningful actions and change for gender equality in tennis, Tennis Canada and National Bank are creating new opportunities for women and girls in tennis, encouraging them to continue playing, become life-long participants, coaches, and reap the benefits of an active lifestyle and personal growth through sport.
Tickets for the exclusive UNMATCHED Gender Equity in Sports Conference are limited and will be available to the public on Thursday July 7, 2022 at TICKETS.
- Venue: Paramount Event Space | 222 Rowntree Dairy Road, Vaughan, ON, L4L 9T2
- Wednesday August 10, 2022 | 12:00 p.m. – 5: 30 p.m. EST
For more information about the conference please visit www.tenniscanada.com/unmatched-conference.